Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackfalcon
    replied
    you said a free site. I dont know what part you are talking about being free. If you are implying that you dont expect the forum to cost you any money, then no, you can not do that with vbulletin.

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    For the resources part, Moodle would be useful for that (Education stuff)

As for the relevance to vBulletin, it can also do that.

Leave a comment:

• Astonlee
    replied
    Thanks for taking the time to get back to me with your advice

Leave a comment:

• GHOwner
    replied
    Depends how you go about it. If you want people to upload source material and have others comment or otherwise discuss about it, then vBulletin can work. However, if you're not looking for discussion or actual community interactive software, vBulletin, primarily forum software, might not be the right option.

If you just want to share resources, try a file storage solution via servers or a script.

Leave a comment:

• Astonlee
    started a topic Newbie questions

Newbie questions

I am looking to create a free site where individuals, industry bodies, university and companies, can register to upload technical reference type material to share with others, but it would not discussion type forum, just a resources site for my sector. Can this be done using with the software, and if so does anyone have any examples.

Also what level of technical expertise is required to create a site & run the admin, bearing in mind that I already operator two sites of my own, but I am not a web designer?
    www.mctooling.com
    www.astonlee.com
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X