vBulletin 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never said they SHOULDN'T ask, just replied to this:

and one that a staff member should ordinarily answer with good advice: should people renew their licenses now??
    to state that you won't get any answer that constitutes advice for the reasons given in my 'scenario' post.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

I don't know about tomorrow, only today. My license will expire within 2 weeks. Will I renew beforehand? Yes.

I keep things simple. If they offer 4.0 at a discount because I just renewed, will I take it? Sure. And if they do not? I'll decide that next year when my 3.8.X license comes up for renewal. Regardless of what happens, I still have my forum. And it's about my forum.

It's up to each person to decide what they want to do when the appropriate announcements are made.

Should you buy/renew? That's your decision. 3.8.2 is still a fantastic piece of forum software, and buying now, you won't go wrong: you will still be using the leader in forum software.

Comment

Nice perspective, DoE. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieZ View Post
          I think you will find your post is out of date.

I think you should leave your answers to a vbulletin team member and not assume you have the answers.
          You probably haven't noticed, but there is currently no solid evidence to suggest that my data is out of date.

Also, where is the member of staff to answer this?
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Please note that although pricing has not been set, renewals will be factored in.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That should answer about 99% of all threads started on vB 4... Thanks Steve!

Currently running XenForo, knee jerk to vB4 release. I'm back home, can't wait for vB5 GOLD release.

Comment

Clairification

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                Please note that although pricing has not been set, renewals will be factored in.
                What do you mean by 'renewals will be factored in'?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony89 View Post
                  What do you mean by 'renewals will be factored in'?
                  What do you mean? I thought that was pretty clear.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You pay for a renewal before the release of vB 4 and they factor it in. Hmmmm, sounds good to me.

Currently running XenForo, knee jerk to vB4 release. I'm back home, can't wait for vB5 GOLD release.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                      What do you mean? I thought that was pretty clear.
                      I don't understand what "factor in" means.

Comment

The prices paid on renewals will be considered in any adjustments to pricing, assuming that such adjustments are decided upon.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve... can be a bit slow at times.

Comment

just after reading this steve post my faith in vbulletin/jelsoft has returned.
                            in fact instead of pumping up the price, lowering down will allow to better think for many people to consider a license instead of get pirated versions.

Comment

Price isn't decided, they're not going to announce their pricing until they're ready.

IB/ Jelsoft are trying to convince the world it's "business as usual", despite evidence to the contrary. It really is nice and reassuring to know that our requests are being taken care of and our concerns are being addressed in such a timely fashion. WTG, bangup job IB!

Comment

Originally posted by lav0s View Post
                                in fact instead of pumping up the price, lowering down will allow to better think for many people to consider a license instead of get pirated versions.
                                You do know "factored in" could also mean "you get $10 off the conversion to vB4 fee, although the regular fee is $100" and your still going to have to pay $90. No, those are not accurate numbers, but factoring in DOESN'T mean they are expecting to NOT charge any additional fees. At least that hasn't been announced yet.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X