Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before buying.

First:
    With the package, do I get to download styles? I am interested in something a lot like www.dosual.com.
    If i don't, do I have alternatives to reach my objective? I know just a little bit of programming, and nothing regarding css.

Second: I want attachments (images) to be water-marked, either with a word; or with a logo, such election shall be made by the user at the moment of uploading, or it could be an option in the control panel. Is this possible with any scripts?

Thanks, so far that's it.

Originally posted by Dimax View Post
    First:
    With the package, do I get to download styles? I am interested in something a lot like www.dosual.com.
    If i don't, do I have alternatives to reach my objective? I know just a little bit of programming, and nothing regarding css.
    With the package you will get the default style only.
    Have a look at vbulletin.org for additional styles to install.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      With the package you will get the default style only.
      Have a look at vbulletin.org for additional styles to install.
      Thank you, i'll look into it.

Edit: It is very upsetting, i can only view thumbnails if any, because i am not authorized to view pictures. I am intending to acquire a license, but only if I know vb will satisfy my needs. It's not cheap for me, I live in Argentina where 1 dollar is worth 3,70 argentine peso... so it's almost 4 times more expensive for me. I have to make sure.

Anybody for second question?
      Last edited by Dimax; Tue 12 May '09, 9:30pm.

Comment

Hi Dimax,

You only get the default style (the one you see now) when you purchase a vBulletin license. There are hundreds, if not thousands of available sites that sell or provide free styles.

As for the second question, there are a few available scripts for watermarking attachment images.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Sullivan View Post
          Hi Dimax,

You only get the default style (the one you see now) when you purchase a vBulletin license. There are hundreds, if not thousands of available sites that sell or provide free styles.

As for the second question, there are a few available scripts for watermarking attachment images.
          Thank you, Jake. Should I look into vbulletin.com? I have recently discovered that illegal copies of vb can be downloaded, so I did and I'm trying vb in my computer. It is a good thing if you're not planning on using it for your forum, lets you see a lot.

Comment

Thank you, Jake. Should I look into vbulletin.com? I have recently discovered that illegal copies of vb can be downloaded, so I did and I'm trying vb in my computer. It is a good thing if you're not planning on using it for your forum, lets you see a lot.
            Don't do that Dimax,or if you do,do not proudly declare it here.
            vB needs a server,it is worthless on your computer.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
              Don't do that Dimax,or if you do,do not proudly declare it here.
              vB needs a server,it is worthless on your computer.
              If i get satisfied... I'll buy a copy. If I don't, then I'll just delete it since I won't use it. No harm done. If everybody thought ethically, then the staff here at vbulletin.com would allow people to download for try and buy only if they'd used it, but... who would pay?

I have plans for a serious forum, don't want to risk a legal notice saying "you uploaded an illegal copy of our software", so I won't upload that to the web. Testing purposes, for more than 24 hours.

And by the way I mounted an apache server to run it.

Comment

If i get satisfied... I'll buy a copy. If I don't, then I'll just delete it since I won't use it. No harm done. If everybody thought ethically, then the staff here at vbulletin.com would allow people to download for try and buy only if they'd used it, but... who would pay?

I have plans for a serious forum, don't want to risk a legal notice saying "you uploaded an illegal copy of our software", so I won't upload that to the web. Testing purposes, for more than 24 hours.

And by the way I mounted an apache server to run it.
                vBulletin has a DEMO you can use for 24 hours or longer, if needed. http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
                Twitter | Face Book

OSChat.net - Open Source Chat Software.
                osTicket.com - Open Source Support Ticket Software.

Comment

Using a pirated copy of vBulletin is an legal offense, not just a slap on the hand. It would be wise that, for whatever intention, you remove that copy. Just you having a copy is illegal, regardless if it is live or not. And just because you do not have it online doesn't mean the vBulletin legal team cannot find out, especially now.

As stated by another, you can demo vBulletin using the official website.

About the designs, there are many free and paid designs to look at. Try google searching for 'vbulletin styles' and you'll find a handful of places to look.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOwner View Post
                    Using a pirated copy of vBulletin is an legal offense, not just a slap on the hand. It would be wise that, for whatever intention, you remove that copy. Just you having a copy is illegal, regardless if it is live or not. And just because you do not have it online doesn't mean the vBulletin legal team cannot find out, especially now.

As stated by another, you can demo vBulletin using the official website.

About the designs, there are many free and paid designs to look at. Try google searching for 'vbulletin styles' and you'll find a handful of places to look.

Ok guys you're attacking me as though I were the one who uploaded a cracked version of vbulletin for everyone else to download.

I think if you saw a knife in my house you'd call 911. I use it to slice meat. But you see it as a weapon.

The copy itself is not what is bad. If I used that copy to put in the web an unlicensed copy of vB, then I'm sure sooner or later the legal department would find out and ask me gently to buy a license.

Now, if I'm saying I'm using it for freaking TEST PURPOSES, because I INTEND TO BUY a license, I think maybe they'd keep an eye on me just in case I played dumb and used the soft without paying, but they won't do anything else.

Tell me. Honestly. Are you really so weak of mind to suggest that if I'm going to upload an illegal copy of a software I'll publish my intentions in THEIR FORUMS?????

Dude....

Comment

Dimax,

Nobody here is intentionally trying to attack you. Merely pointing out - for your own benefit - that vBulletin is a commercially licensed software, and use of such software without a valid and active license is illegal. If you are found with a cracked, or 'nulled' version of the software, action can be taken by Jelsoft.

There is a demo available provided by Jelsoft for non-license holders to use for a pre-determined period of time (24 hours) that will allow you significant time to suss out the features of vBulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Sullivan View Post
                        Dimax,

Nobody here is intentionally trying to attack you. Merely pointing out - for your own benefit - that vBulletin is a commercially licensed software, and use of such software without a valid and active license is illegal. If you are found with a cracked, or 'nulled' version of the software, action can be taken by Jelsoft.

There is a demo available provided by Jelsoft for non-license holders to use for a pre-determined period of time (24 hours) that will allow you significant time to suss out the features of vBulletin.
                        Thanks Jake, but I am aware of what I am doing.

Now, regarding my second question: what I meant is, is there any official script released to watermark images? I have seen there are quite a lot, although can't even see the pictures of how they work since I don't have yet a license number.

Even better question: does Jelsoft release official scripts, or are they all user-pogrammed?

Comment

No, there's no official script to watermark images however there may be over at www.vbulletin.org or publicly available on the web on a more general basis than being specifically designed for vB.

As for the last part, Jelsoft release core products only (Forums, Blog and Project Tools with CMS to follow soon-ish). Anything over and above that that you've seen on other sites has been added on.
                          Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Thu 14 May '09, 2:22am.
                          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                          -
                          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

It isn't attacking when you don't get the answer or advice you wish for. It's as if I went up to the administration of Adobe and told them I found a leak of their software but was only testing it, saying I might publish or use stuff I make if I like it enough to buy.

We all understand what you mean, just legalities doesn't work like that for a reason. Either the law is black and white or people will abuse, and there is no bulletproof way in knowing the innocents from the devious. They have reason to believe you have the software because you admitted to it and do have methods of taking legal action, but they might not because of the nature of it or might do it.

Either way, we've all been helping in someway and just saying it's not at all wise, even for clowning around with it, to pirate.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X