Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing and a test site on a private IP

Hello everyone, my inaugural post here, so to speak

I am trying to make a purchasing decision soon and have a couple of questions that I need to run by vBulletin team and seasoned users. My questions are rather different and so I hope mods don't mind if I start different threads for each.

Here is the most pressing one:

Will the owned license allow me to run effectively two identical sites: one on a test platform located inside my private network (i.e. not accessible to anyone but me) and another one on the actual real site?

I will need a rather long process of converting and adapting some features from an ancient custom-designed bulletin board and I cannot do it live. A test site is an absolute must. Will vBulletin code run on a private IP or does it require constant license verification à la cPanel?

Thanks!

1. Yes, the license agreement allows you to set up a test board:

"If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public."

2. Yes it will.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Perfect, thank you!

Great, thank you Steve! I have just a couple more questions (separate threads) and I should be ready to go.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X