Multiple Topics, one forum, bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Topics, one forum, bad idea?

Hi everyone, I am new and am wanting to purchase vBulletin because It seems like the best after my extensive reviews. I am involved in a few big things, well big to me And I would love to have a forum community involved and active on my sites.
    I was wondering about having one forum, but with a few sections, each area with different main topic, such as computer repairs, and audio/music producing, and some Church projects, would be my three main categories.
    Is it a stupid idea to try something like that, should forums be only about one thing only?
    Just cant really buy 3 licenses, thanks for your input.

You can run forums and communities in just about any way you can think of. Some are entire forum sites dedicated to different aspects of one topic, others are just general communities with no specific topic. Both work, and even mixtures of the 2 do too. The key to a successful community though is keeping it active and making it something your users like/want/enjoy.
    http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Ah thanks, that does make sense, and I am glad it should be possible to accomplish, makes me more confident about buying a license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X