some questions before i buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nat.n View Post
    No, you don't need to pay in order to get a PayPal account (if I remember well, they ask for a very small fee, something like one or two USD or Euros -but it's better to follow their instructions, while creating your account).
    In my experience they did not charge,they have paid two very little sum into my savings account to confirm that it is mine.
    Something like this:
    Q:What have you received into your savings account?
    A:8 cents & 5 cents

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

(...)
      No, you don't need to pay in order to get a PayPal account (if I remember well, they ask for a very small fee, something like one or two USD or Euros -but it's better to follow their instructions, while creating your account).(...)
      Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      In my experience they did not charge,they have paid two very little sum into my savings account to confirm that it is mine.
      Something like this:
      Actually, that "fee" is such small (and if I remember well, they credit it back to you, when you input a confirmation no. in your PayPal account.
      In my case, as I gave a credit card no. in order to create my account, this confirmation number appeared in the next month's statement of my credit card.)

Comment

I don't see what you mean, I have a PayPal account and immediately after payment, I received both PayPal payment confirmation and Jelsoft's emails, including my info. As I told before, the whole procedure (ordering the product from Jelsoft + paying via PayPal + get the member no. & password) took 3-4 minutes!
        Good point. I did not have sufficient funds in my Paypal account. If I had used Paypal, there would have been a delay of a number of days. (Note: I had the funds in my bank account, but not in my Paypal account.)

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Wawa View Post
          If I had used Paypal, there would have been a delay of a number of days. (Note: I had the funds in my bank account, but not in my Paypal account.)
          I think that transferred funds from a credit card to Paypal are available for use immediately.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

That could be. I did not find the Jelsoft instructions particularly helpful.

And I think that this thread itself shows that they leave something to be desired.

Comment

I do not think jelsoft is an authority on paypal policy. It would be better to look into paypals policy on paypals site. Jelsoft provides a medium for you to use Paypals service on software written by jelsoft. I do not think jelsoft has any say in any practice or policy written by paypal.
              www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

I don't think I implied that Jelsoft has any particular expertise with respect to Paypal, nor that they should have.

I said that I don't think Jelsoft's payment-option instructions are very clear. That was my experience. I didn't use Paypal, but I still didn't find their instructions very good. They use three different terms for a single actual number. That's not good writing. My comments had little to do with Paypal.

On edit: I should repeat again that when I did pay through a debit card, Jelsoft acted very quickly and I had my license information in less than 24 hours.

Comment

It's really up to PayPal and the circumstances of each person's account. This is out of our hands. They are the ones that determine if something is an eCheck and how long it takes to clear. The best I can tell this can take anywhere from 2 days up to 2 weeks.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Wawa View Post
                    Good point. I did not have sufficient funds in my Paypal account. If I had used Paypal, there would have been a delay of a number of days. (Note: I had the funds in my bank account, but not in my Paypal account.)
                    While creating your PayPal account, you give either a credit card no. or (from what I see) a bank account.
                    I don't know what's the "policy" with bank accounts, but regarding the credit cards, if you don't have any funds in your PayPal account or if the available funds are not enough for the product(s) you wish to purchase, your credit card is automatically debited with this amount. So simple.

Originally posted by Baba Wawa
                    (...) I did not find the Jelsoft instructions particularly helpful.

And I think that this thread itself shows that they leave something to be desired.
                    I personally found the Jelsoft instructions very clear and the whole purchase experience was one of the best I've ever had.

Jelsoft gives safe and secure payment options -and that's where the whole thing stops on its part.

To my opinion, users who are not familiar with PayPal, all they have to do is reading PayPal's policy and instructions -not asking it from Jelsoft or any software, scripts etc. provider!

Comment

A person can believe that he or she understands the Paypal process, but there is always the possibility that he or she has overlooked some aspect of it.

Then, too, the purchasing experience is not limited to its Paypal aspects.

And, finally, different people will have different experiences according to a variety of factors.

The fact that one person had experience A and another had experience B should not invalidate the experience of either.
                      Last edited by Baba Wawa; Fri 24th Apr '09, 8:14am.

Comment

Ido, I hope that you have purchased your vBulletin license and are now having a good time learning all about vBulletin.

Comment

or if you make a paypal account then it gets linked and verified with your bank account it will come out automatically i had my license in 2 minutes

Comment

Apparently, different people can have different experiences!!!

The purpose of this thread was, presumably, to help Ido.

I hope that it was helpful to him.

And that he is now having fun with vBulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X