Buying before VB4 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying before VB4 questions

Hi I have a few questions about buying VB now as VB4 is soon to be released.

1 - If I buy now, do I pay extra for any new features of VB4?
    2 - If I buy now and start running VB now, will it be easy to upgrade my VB to VB4 or is VB4 going to be a totally new type of software that will not be able to upgrade from the current VB easily?
    3 - Are there any benefits for me to just wait and buy when VB4 is released?

Thanks in anticipation

Originally posted by quackers View Post
    1 - If I buy now, do I pay extra for any new features of VB4?
    If vB4 is released before your license expires, then no. Otherwise, you will have to pay the renewal fee to begin receiving new updates/upgrades.

2 - If I buy now and start running VB now, will it be easy to upgrade my VB to VB4 or is VB4 going to be a totally new type of software that will not be able to upgrade from the current VB easily?
    I'm not sure how this will go...vB4 is supposed to be very different, but I'm sure the devs know how to make the upgrade as easy as it is to upgrade from 3.7 to 3.8. One of the biggest things is the template changes...you'll most likely have to restyle your site.

3 - Are there any benefits for me to just wait and buy when VB4 is released?
    That's all in perspective...if you want to get your site forum up and running, might as well do it now. Waiting will save you template changes and such...but depending on how extreme your style is, it might not be that much of a challenge.
    No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X