Where can I put VB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I put VB?

I was just wondering what I could use VB with, would the software be restricted to my own server? Are there any free servers owned by other people I could use for it? I'd really like to know this before I buy a VB licsence, once I know this, I can make up my final choice about whether I should buy VB or not.

The software would be installed on your webserver.

We don't recommend using free web hosting as they often have crippled functionality and insert ads that break the software.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Well, I wouldn't care about ads, the only thing I would mind would be crippled funcionality. Can I ask what you mean by crippled functionality? Do you mean it doesn't work like it should, problems occur with users, Admin CP doesn't work to the fullest? Also, do you know of any really cheap places I could put it, and if so what the price is?

Comment

vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.3.3) and MySQL (minimum 4.0.16) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

Most credible hosts now support both PHP and MySQL, and can run our software. We do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you for your help, I think I will get a liscence before too long, probably starting with globalgold. Thank you also for your speedy responses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X