Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB Error on vb_test.php

Decided to give this a go again.. This is the Error
    "Database Connection Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

I'm trying to figure out what it means, how to fix it.

It means that the client built into your PHP installation is not sufficient to connect to your MySQL Server.

The way to fix it is to use PHP 5 on your server as it has the updated connection protocols that were introduced in MySQL 4.1. You can find workarounds in the MySQL documentation but the preferred method would be to make sure you're running the latest version of MySQL and PHP on your server.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      It means that the client built into your PHP installation is not sufficient to connect to your MySQL Server.

The way to fix it is to use PHP 5 on your server as it has the updated connection protocols that were introduced in MySQL 4.1. You can find workarounds in the MySQL documentation but the preferred method would be to make sure you're running the latest version of MySQL and PHP on your server.
      I've tried the Newest Version, of both SQL and PHP. They did not see each other, This is the only Version That sees each other to Any extent in info.php on my server, I've tried everything I could and knew how to, and a computer guy who's used to working with them both could not get them to work right. Is there a way to Update the connection Protocols?

Comment

They part of the client. You could recompile PHP to use the client library shipped with MySQL but this isn't really recommended on a Windows Server.

Please see your other thread which I have posted the correct way to install PHP on your Windows server under IIS. Always make sure you are using the non-thread safe (NTS) package. Make sure to update your php.ini to have the settings that Windows requires as well. Otherwise PHP will be very unreliable on your Windows-based server. Do not install PHP following the instructions on the PHP website. They were out of date the last time I checked. DO follow the instructions for installing PHP on Microsoft's IIS website.

If you are not using IIS, then I recommend installing a package like WAMPServer or XAMMP to power your webserver on Windows. They include Apache, PHP and MySQL in a single package and should work without even rebooting after a double-click install.

My test/development server uses IIS 7, PHP 5.2.8, and MySQL 5.1.30 Community with PHP accessed via FastCGI. It has no problems running the test script or vBulletin.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          They part of the client. You could recompile PHP to use the client library shipped with MySQL but this isn't really recommended on a Windows Server.

Please see your other thread which I have posted the correct way to install PHP on your Windows server under IIS. Always make sure you are using the non-thread safe (NTS) package. Make sure to update your php.ini to have the settings that Windows requires as well. Otherwise PHP will be very unreliable on your Windows-based server. Do not install PHP following the instructions on the PHP website. They were out of date the last time I checked. DO follow the instructions for installing PHP on Microsoft's IIS website.

If you are not using IIS, then I recommend installing a package like WAMPServer or XAMMP to power your webserver on Windows. They include Apache, PHP and MySQL in a single package and should work without even rebooting after a double-click install.

My test/development server uses IIS 7, PHP 5.2.8, and MySQL 5.1.30 Community with PHP accessed via FastCGI. It has no problems running the test script or vBulletin.
          Ok... I've Downloaded the Files and tried giving the install a go... but it's way to complex for me to handle... Is there a Service or a person that can Remote Desktop my Server and Set this up? I've never had this much trouble getting php or SQL to work before.

Comment

This is really really weird... but... All I had to do was change my password... And it worked. I thank you all for Helping me out through these trying times lol, I look forward to using Vbulletin!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X