Moving from PHPbb3, but board has error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from PHPbb3, but board has error

Hi guys, I'm about to invest in vB due to the huge amounts of problems with my PHPBB forums and I want to ask a question before I start.

The first is that my current PHPbb board has an error, it is making too many queries when posting and takes roughly 30 seconds for a user to post. I can't find any help or fix it myself and thus hoping the move to vB will help.
    Would such an error be carried over to vB if we use your conversion software?

Also I have a joomla system on my site, its my understanding that bbpixel.com is the best bridge out there, does anyone have any good/bad experiences with it?

Many thanks,
    Chris
    My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

It sounds like you have add-ons that have increased the number of queries phpBB uses. Honestly if you add a lot of add-ons to vB, you may experience similar results. The default vB shouldn't take more than 12 queries or so.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. That was the annoying thing about it - I have no mods on my board, I have a joomla bridge (RokBridge, which I believe is non-evasive) and a custom header - but that is it.

It just suddenly got itself all slow for no reason, and I know its not a slow server either. So its quite annoying to not be able to find the problem.

IF, lets say that the error does come up after the vB changeover, is there someone here who will be able to help with the error?
      I'm just not a programmer and I actually don't know any that can help me.

Many thanks,
      C
      My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

Comment

We would be happy to offer help if you need it. However please be aware that we do not provide official support for third-party add-ons or integrations.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

hi Steve,
          I just have a couple more question that I hope you could help with.

I plan to use a 3rd party joomla bridge (e.g. the new version of JFusion - which does not affect vB files) so once this is set up, surely it will port over all of the user details from Joomla (usernames passes etc). But if I use ImpEx to pull user data accross from my current phpbb board, will this affect the way vB works?

Or should it be done in a different stage i.e. phpbb-->vB using ImpEx and then connect the JFusion to port over the passwords. Would this confused vB or have issues?

Or, could you import the user data over from Jfusion and then use ImpEx to just import the threads, posts etc?

I know this may not be your area of expertise, but until buying the licience to get hold of ImpEx, I am finding it hard to understand the way it works.

thanks, chris

Comment

I'm not sure what impact that will have on your Joomla integration. We do not provide support for Joomla integration so I really don't know how that will be affected.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X