Questions before I buy vBulletin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions before I buy vBulletin...

Hi, I am HIGHLY considering buying the latest vBulletin for my new site after working with it for other friends for months, building styles, small plugins, customizing vBadvanced CMPS, etc... and I have absolutely fallen in love with it, but I have a question or to before I buy my own copy.

[1] When I purchase a license do I have to only use that license on a single site, or can I create multiple ones with it, say maybe have them both running simultaneously, or even if I get tired of one and it doesn't kick off, shut it down, then create another site with the same license?

That's actually all I have to ask at the moment, if I have more questions I will either post a reply to this thread, or edit the post if possible... thanks!

Only one site and installation per license.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Only one site and installation per license.
      Dang, well thanks for the very quick reply , but here's another question.

Even though you can only have one installation/site per license, if I buy, could I install it onto my localhost to be able to build new styles and plugins without being worried about others getting to my work or whatever?

I just want to get everything straight before I make a decision whether to buy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_B View Post
        Dang, well thanks for the very quick reply , but here's another question.

Even though you can only have one installation/site per license, if I buy, could I install it onto my localhost to be able to build new styles and plugins without being worried about others getting to my work or whatever?

I just want to get everything straight before I make a decision whether to buy or not.
        You don't have to use localhost you may have a forum for testing purposes, password protected from the public with the name "testvb".

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_B View Post
          . . . . . .or even if I get tired of one and it doesn't kick off, shut it down, then create another site with the same license?

. . . . .
          Just to clarify -- Alex can do this, right? If he is using his licensed vBulletin software to run one forum but it doesn't work out, he can shut that forum down and start a new one using the same license?

Comment

Yes, you can change the location of your vBulletin forums just as long as you are only running one copy at a time.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X