Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Able to set "subscribe to thread" as default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    How To Set Defaults for New and Existing Users

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    Originally posted by Dilly View Post
    Yep. You can set it automatically subscribe to threads you post in (or create) for all users.

Dilly, thank you for your reply. Can you tell me where this feature is located in the Admin control panel?

I want to set it so that each poster automatically gets subscribed to a thread he or she posts in. (I want that to happen by default, without the poster having to subscribe himself or herself.)

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    Yep. You can set it automatically subscribe to threads you post in (or create) for all users.

The only restriction is the user will then not receive another email until they visit the site and read the new posts.

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    started a topic Able to set "subscribe to thread" as default?

Able to set "subscribe to thread" as default?

I'm now trying out the demo in my slow, but accelerating, journey toward purchasing vBulletin.

One question that I have not yet been able to answer, either by searching the Admin & User panels, or by looking through Docs -- I'd like, for a while anyway, to set my forum up so that anyone who starts a thread or replies in one will automatically be notified by email when anyone subsequently posts in the same thread. That is, I'd like to set this up as the default.

Is there a way that the Admin can do this?
    Last edited by Baba Wawa; Mon 23 Mar '09, 12:14pm. Reason: change in title
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X