Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spliting a forum in two ?

I have 2 old vb licences I intend to reactivate for a new site

I want to have a normal forum plus a seperate section for surveys ( polls ) but i would like them to be totally seperate, accessed from different links on the nav bar. I guess I could use two seperate forums in two different folders but that would mean registering / logging in twice and would mean keeping two forums updated instead of one.

Ideally I would like to have the survey section as just a category of the main forum but only visible from the survey link ( and the rest invisible ) and the survey category not visible from the forum link..... but i guess this would not be possible.....

Alternatively I suppose I could seperate the bottom category of the forum so there was something ( another header logo ? ) between it and the other categories and then have a link on the nav bar that dropped down to that part of the page..... sounds messy.

Any thoughts on this ?

There are hacks and modifications that you can use on vbulletin.org to do this. you only need 1 license with those hacks that are on vb.org too.
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

Thanks hornstar6969

Would that be a hack to totally seperate them or put a gap between them ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X