Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob looking to build a forum

Hi there,

Im interested in building a forum website. Ive used V bulletin on quite a few websites and find it very user friendly so this is my first stop really. Ive got basic website knowledge, e.g. ive built and hosted a HTML website with basic CSS.

Im really just wondering what is needed to install Vbulletin onto a website?
    Also what do i need to actually do to the website before i install it on there?

Thanks in advance

vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.3.3) and MySQL (minimum 4.0.16) installed. As long as you have a host or server that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

We do not make official recommendations regarding hosting companies. I suggest you view the vBulletin Hosting Options forum for advice from our customers:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=11
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok thanks Steve, but in regards to actually editing the website, is it all done through the Vbulletin software or will I have to use a program like dreamweaver?

Comment

It is all done from within the vB Admin CP.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah you don't really need any coding knowledge at all. Settings and the like are all done through the interface provided by the software.

If you do not already have a hosting provider I recommend you try out www.rockethosting.net since from what I remember they can help out with installations and troubleshooting if you need assistance.

Comment

thanks I need help with the same problem.

Comment

What problem is that? Benmcmc's question was answered.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X