Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackfalcon
    replied
    yes you can turn the board off while you set it up. No one who is not an admin will be able to see the forums.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by rangy View Post
    I'd like to configure my forum live online and get everything working prior to launch. I don't want to configure locally and then have to upload and reconfigure everything (been there, done that, don't want to do it again [albeit with a different forum sw package]).

That being said, is there anything wrong with just turning the board "off" while I get it ready, and then just turn it "on" once I've checked everything and am ready to launch? I'm not going to promote the board until it's ready to go anyway, so I don't expect any human (non-robot) traffic.

Thanks.
    Password protect the forum directory,no one can access it without the password.

Leave a comment:

• rangy
    started a topic Hide From Google?

Hide From Google?

I'd like to configure my forum live online and get everything working prior to launch. I don't want to configure locally and then have to upload and reconfigure everything (been there, done that, don't want to do it again [albeit with a different forum sw package]).

That being said, is there anything wrong with just turning the board "off" while I get it ready, and then just turn it "on" once I've checked everything and am ready to launch? I'm not going to promote the board until it's ready to go anyway, so I don't expect any human (non-robot) traffic.

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X