Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB_Test.php Problems

Hi All,

When I run vb_test.php in a browser, it pulls up a logon window, but if I try to logon with a valid account from the server, it denies me access.

I'm wondering what I'm missing, I'm sure it's something small and simple, but being very new to php, I'm not seeing it.

Do I need to give Iuser permission to something.

James

Originally posted by jbrown View Post
    Hi All,

When I run vb_test.php in a browser, it pulls up a logon window, but if I try to logon with a valid account from the server, it denies me access.

I'm wondering what I'm missing, I'm sure it's something small and simple, but being very new to php, I'm not seeing it.

Do I need to give Iuser permission to something.

James
    Do you have a properly setup database for vb_test.php?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

I believe so. I installed Mysql 5.1 and it installed fine without errors. The vb_test.php was just a single file with no instructions or manual, so I'm not sure if there are other steps required.

As mentioned, I'm very new to PHP. In fact, this is the first time I've worked with it.

When I open the vb_test.php, it opens a logon dialog. And even an administrator logon won't take it past that.

James

Comment

The instructions for the vb_test.php script are in this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181384

Comment

Thanks Kerry-Anne,

I'm still not having any luck. It appears to be a PHP or IIS Permissions issue.

This is on my daughters website. We are getting ready to add VBulletin to it, but wanted to run a test on it first. I also wanted to test it on her site first before trying it on my companies site.

Here is the link, you guys can see what I'm referring to by the logon.

http://bonvoyagerosie.com/vb_test.php

Basically my issue appears to be that I'm not authorized to view that page.

Comment

This would be a server permissions error. Are you the server administrator or is this done through hosting? If you are administrating the server, giving the IIS_IUSRS permission to access that application directory and pool should allow you to run the script. Otherwise you may need to log in as a server administrator.

If that doesn't work let me know what version of IIS you are using. I currently use IIS 7 as my test server.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne,

I'm sure this is where my problem is, and I thought I had all the permissions set, but I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

I'm running IIS ver 6.

It's our own server, running Server 2003 Enterprise.

Thanks
              james

Comment

I'm not having any luck. Same thing.

It seems to definitely be a permissions issue because even on other php scripts I'm getting the logon dialog.

Comment

How do you have PHP installed on the server? I'd suggest using PHP under FastCGI. It is the recommended method by both Microsoft and the PHP group.

Check out:
                  http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/247/u...ons-on-iis-60/
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne,

I'll try that. Currently it's IIS ISAPI.

James

Comment

I changed it. Logon screen is gone, I'm not getting the following error:

FastCGI Error

The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
                      Error Details:
                      • Could not find entry for "php" on site 1 in [Types] section.
                      • Error Number: 1413 (0x80070585).
                      • Error Description: Invalid index.
                      HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
                      Internet Information Services (IIS)

I'm going to continue digging into it.
                      James

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X