Category search with 3,000 pre defined titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category search with 3,000 pre defined titles

Is there a way that I can place a category field in each posting? I would like to give the users an option to select from a list of some 3,000 titles. This category (title) would be shown somewhere in the description of each thread.
    The user would be able to search, filter and sort on these categories in addition to the normal search function.

There is no option in vB to do that. This would require a modification.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Actually, you CAN use Prefixes to do this, but 3,000 sounds excessive. Users would have to scroll through a gigantic popup menu.

I guess if you really wanted you can write some elaborate Javascript that would display 2-3 popup menus and a choice in one menu would refine the results in the 2nd menu, and a choice in the second menu would refine the results in the 3rd menu. You would have to do all this coding yourself though.

This kind of extensive modifications may make it more work to keep your vBulletin forum up-to-date.

I would create 8-10 topic-specific forums and then add the most essential Prefixes for each forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X