Should I bay or wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I bay or wait?

I wan't to bay VB 3.8 licence, but before I do that, I have a question. Is't possible to upgrade later to VB4 for free? if yes, then it will be great! if not, I'll wait?
    Last edited by katim110; Wed 18 Feb '09, 7:39am.

When you buy a vbulletin license, you get one year of upgrades for free.

After one year, you need to renew the license if you want to upgrade. You can still use the license after a year without paying for an upgrade. You only need to renew the license if you want to upgrade.

We are not told how long v4 will be, if you think it will be more than a year before it's released, wait.

Although there is no viable reason to wait for v4, the latest v3.8.1 is perfectly stable.
    Last edited by glennybee; Wed 18 Feb '09, 7:39am.

Comment

When you purchase a license, owned or leased, you are entitled to free upgrades up to a year. If vBulletin 4 is released within the year, you will be free to download and upgrade to it, if not, meaning your license has expired, it's an additional $40 for another year of upgrades (for owned license holders) or $60 if it's after 60 days of your expiration date.

Comment

So ill wait.

thanks guys

Comment

Well you could get your community started today, upgrading is easy and in the long run, you're going to have to pay the renewal field, eventually, no one knows when vB4 is going to be released, it could be released this year, next year or 2 years from now....no one knows, it all depends on how long you're willing to wait for it.

Comment

Could anyone of Vb team give us at least a date of release Alpha version?

Comment

Nope, there is no public release date.

Comment

Originally posted by israfiel View Post
                Could anyone of Vb team give us at least a date of release Alpha version?
                It has been stated that some stage of vB 4 will be out by the second quarter of 2009.
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X