Version number in copyright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version number in copyright

Can the version number be removed from the copyright, or is that only permitted with a branding-free license?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Nick

Yes, you're welcome to remove the version number.

Comment

FYI: To remove the vB version number, edit the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase and replace this:

Powered by: vBulletin Version {1}<br />Copyright &copy;2000 - {2}, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

With this:

Powered by: vBulletin <br />Copyright &copy;2000 - {2}, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        FYI: To remove the vB version number, edit the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase and replace this:

Powered by: vBulletin Version {1}<br />Copyright &copy;2000 - {2}, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

With this:

Powered by: vBulletin <br />Copyright &copy;2000 - {2}, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
        Are you allowed to remove the "Powered by" part, in addition to the version number, and simply keep:
        Code:
        Copyright &copy; {2} <a href="http://www.vbulletin.com" id="vbulletinlink">vBulletin</a> Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

Comment

Originally posted by NashChristian View Post
          Are you allowed to remove the "Powered by" part, in addition to the version number, and simply keep:
          Code:
          Copyright &copy; {2} <a href="http://www.vbulletin.com" id="vbulletinlink">vBulletin</a> Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
          You can remove the version number but not the Powered by.

Comment

when they write: Powered by vB, copyright IB
            it means this site runs on vB and vB is a copyright of IB.

if you write: copyright vB, IB
            it will mean your site is copyrighted by IB which is wrong.

Comment

I wasn't saying anything about IB, I was using the exact copyright that vB has at the bottom of this page, except without the "powered by" and version, and with moving the vbulletin link to the copyright. "Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved." I thought that this was within the "rules". ???

Comment

it should be ok imo.

just can raise a support ticket to be 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post