This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is vBulletin free for non-profits

This came up over here. I thought it was NOT free for non-profit organizations. Can you please clarify.

It is not free anyone, as far as I'm aware. I'm quite certain that someone brought this up before and the staff said even non-profits had to pay.
    - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      This came up over here. I thought it was NOT free for non-profit organizations. Can you please clarify.
      Sounds like rubbish to me. I have never heard of any legal way to get vBulletin for free.

Comment

vBulletin is proprietary software and is not free, irrespective of what you intend to use it for. Even those who use it for educational purposes (i.e. colleges & universities) are still required to purchase a license.

Comment

Do you offer discounts for non profit/charity/academic organisations?

No - we do not offer any discounted prices for non-profit/charity/academic organisations.
          Visit: http://www.vbulletin.com/faqsales.php

Comment

The only way to get a free/reduced price vbulletin from Jelsoft is by saving the life of the CEO. As I would not count on that happening, there are only 3 other ways.
            1. Vbulletin has a referral program. You advertise vbulletin, and you get a % of the profits that they make from your referrals.
            2. You could purchase a used vbulletin license from someone who may give you a favorable rate because you are non-profit.
            3. You could look for someone to sponsor your forum.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfalcon View Post
              The only way to get a free/reduced price vbulletin from Jelsoft is by saving the life of the CEO. As I would not count on that happening, there are only 3 other ways.
              1. Vbulletin has a referral program. You advertise vbulletin, and you get a % of the profits that they make from your referrals.
              2. You could purchase a used vbulletin license from someone who may give you a favorable rate because you are non-profit.
              3. You could look for someone to sponsor your forum.
              Do you actually read threads before you post in them? I do NOT want a free vBulletin. I am just trying to clear up a misconeption about a comment in another forum about vB being free for non-profits

Comment

Do you actually read threads before you post in them? I do NOT want a free vBulletin. I am just trying to clear up a misconeption about a comment in another forum about vB being free for non-profits
                This is a forum, not a chat room or instant messaging system. Therefore, you shouldn't be offended by comments like that, as it could be useful for someone else. After all, you implied that you posted this for the benefit of someone else, and not yourself.

- Rich

Comment

And I clarified it for you.

Comment

No, vBulletin is not free for non-profits.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I paid owned license and i'm so happy number one on the world

Voted 5 Stars Support,Customer Service,Safe,Legally,Much More Board

The Vbulletin

Comment

I bought an owned license, and have renewed 2/3 times now..... I think I've lost count. Honestly, I don't have that much money, but vBulletin was worth every penny.
                        -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
                        This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

Any may I just say that the color scheme for unregistered users at WebTalkForums.com is rather obnoxious? LOL They have a long way to go to catch up with WebHostingTalk.com.

Comment

Has anyone thought that this was a bait question ? ..to get views to that link ?
                            Well, I do - but then I'm cynical.

Whatever.....

(Especially since it is clearly answered in the FAQ.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X