Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging for access and automated renewals

Hi,

I currently have a forum set up on Yuku and am keen to move to a new setup. As part of the move I'm keen to explore the possibilities of charging a yearly subscription for access to my new forums. Does vbulletin have anything built in that covers this. I'd need the software to be able to administer the subscriptions itself so that I'm not trying to keep track of thousands of members.

If vbulletin doesn't do this, can anyone suggest anything that can.

Many thanks,

barbel

It does, and it will support a few different companies like Paypal, 2CO, CCBill ect. It's very easy to use, just go into the AdminCP and set it up along with whichever company you use.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I currently also have my own credit card clearing facilities set-up, do you know if there's a way of integrating with an external 'shop'?

Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Steve.

Do you know whether people are able to pay using PayPal if they haven't got a PayPal account ie. by manually entering their CC details as you would with a normal e-commerce site.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            Sorry, there is no function to do this.
            The built in subscription manager should be able to do this. I have paid subscriptions on my site and the built in software does just fine.

Unless I'am missing something in his question?? But my forum handles lots of paid subscriptions with no problems. Including usergroup promotions and demotions.
            survival gear forum

Comment

Originally posted by barbel View Post
              Thanks Steve.

Do you know whether people are able to pay using PayPal if they haven't got a PayPal account ie. by manually entering their CC details as you would with a normal e-commerce site.

Thanks again.
              Buyers do not have to have a PayPal account; so yes, they can simply enter their card details just like a regular online store.

Originally posted by ~kev~ View Post
              The built in subscription manager should be able to do this. I have paid subscriptions on my site and the built in software does just fine.

Unless I'am missing something in his question?? But my forum handles lots of paid subscriptions with no problems. Including usergroup promotions and demotions.
              Steve was responding to this question, not the original post:
              I currently also have my own credit card clearing facilities set-up, do you know if there's a way of integrating with an external 'shop'?
              Regards,
              Nick

Comment

Thanks

Many thanks again for the replies. I do have a couple more queries associated to this:

Is there any way of insisting that subscribers use their full name? Or can they just choose what they want when registering and paying?

Also, is there a way of blocking users from subscribing if they've already be banned from the forum.

Thanks again.

Comment

1. That depends on who their PayPal account is setup. From vB we just use their forum username.

2. Banned usergroups can be prohibited from purchasing subscriptions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I'm keen to make some of the other non forum areas of my site only available to subscribers. Is it possible to use/access the vBulletin username and password for this?

Fingers crossed....

Comment

Yes, but that requires custom programming which we cannot officially support. However there is a vB mod community where you may be able to get help if needed: www.vbulletin.org

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve. I don't think I worded my last question very well. A simpler way of putting it would have been:

Can I access the username and password fields of the vBulletin database?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yes, that requires custom coding.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi again,

During payment, is it possible to insist the user inputs a postal address?

I'm keen to send a membership 'gift' as part of the subscription.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X