Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about conversion

Hello,

I have two Invision Power Board licenses...and I also have a Gallery and Blog installed on them both. I was wondering, could I convert to V-Bulletin for free? I really like Invision Power Board, but V-Bulletin just seems to have something extra.

-Thanks

Your gallery, your blogs wont be converted when you move to vbulletin. Vbulletin is not free, it costs 180 dollars for the owned license and 100 dollars for the leased license. You can obviously convert to vbulletin for free once you buy the licenses.

Comment

I understand that, and Invision Power Board wasn't free either. It was 149.99 per license plus extra for the blog and gallery. I don't understand why I can't convert, when I have already paid the same amount.

Comment

IPB and vBulletin are owned by different companies. You can't expect to pay one company for their products and then ask another company who received no money at all whatsoever from your first payment to IPB for a free copy of their product. It makes no sense...

Comment

I know it sounds crazy, but I don't want to have to pay 200 more ****ing dollars, that I don't really have.

Comment

Originally posted by SdJaCK&SaLLy View Post
            I know it sounds crazy, but I don't want to have to pay 200 more ****ing dollars, that I don't really have.
            No need to swear.

I am sure the answer to your question will be no.

Comment

Either pay and get vBulletin or don't pay and don't get it. Simple.

Comment

But I want V-Bulletin,

I want it to improve my community, and I just don't want to pay 200 dollars.

Comment

Also,

I'm sure you can convert to Invision Power Board from V-Bulletin for free.

Comment

Also,

I'm sure you can convert to Invision Power Board from V-Bulletin for free.
                    You can, but I don't believe you can convert the gallery and blog.

Comment

But I want V-Bulletin,

Tough luck.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking View Post
                        You can, but I don't believe you can convert the gallery and blog.
                        Invision Power Board doesn't offer that...I don't think.

Comment

Invision Power Board doesn't offer that...I don't think.
                          If you think about it would Invision offer such a service if they knew that you were switching to their competitor?

Comment

I'm pretty sure, they would be delighted to offer a service. Never-mind I'll stick to Invision Power Board.

Comment

But I want V-Bulletin,

I want a Ferrari, but I don't want to pay for it as I already own a car... What you're saying just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X