How to tell if a vBulletin script is nulled from the backend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell if a vBulletin script is nulled from the backend

I have the vBulletin script. Any quick and sure-fire way to tell that it's not cracked? I need to know that it's legal.

Do you have a license from vBulletin? Is your URL registered with the license? If no, then its not legal.

Comment

There is a file in there without an extension named "License" in the script, and a .txt file with the license outside of the upload folder. I'm running a test upload. If it's a fake, I'll drop it immediately.

Comment

If you don't have a customer number and can't log into the members section here at vb.com (not the forums, the members area), then chances are it isn't legal. If you put it up and you don't have the website url registered in the members area, you will most likely be sent a notice to take the site down.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hoo boy. This is proving to be incredibly difficult.

I am actually doing this for a friend of mine (again, making my life a little more difficult...). He claims that he had a vBulletin permanent license, and that he should be able to still run vBulletin. But he's having trouble finding the important emails, and we can't figure out a customer number or anything of the sort. We are, in a manner of speaking, screwed. I'm not exactly sure what to do, short of using a free solution. I am also not sure if he's just BSing me, although I trust him.

The impression I'm getting is that it's not going to be possible to run vBulletin at this point legally without buying another license. Which I'm not sure we can afford.

Comment

Contact [email protected] and provide all the information you can (the e-mail address and name that the license is registered to; if your friend actually ever purchased one).

Where did you get the files/script?
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

He may very well have an owned license. If so, then there will be a record of it. But, he's gonna have to make an effort to contact vbulletin and have them pull up his records. This is something *he* will have to do.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yeah, I forgot to mention, that they will not release information except to the owner.
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

My friend. Who said his friend gave it to him. Does it sound sneaky? That's what it sounds like to me too!
                  Also, yeah. He's contacting sales now.

Comment

It's more than likely, a fake/nulled copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihsan's Knife View Post
                      I have the vBulletin script. Any quick and sure-fire way to tell that it's not cracked? I need to know that it's legal.
                      The only sure-fire way is to download the files from your Member's Area using the customer number and password you were provided at the time of purchase.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X