Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to Dynamically populate profile information for members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to Dynamically populate profile information for members?

Hi,

I'm interested in the vbulletin software, but I need to know whether it is possible to dynamically populate profile information.

Example:

In place of the User Title, I would like to be able to be able to populate that field with another text field in a SQL database.

Anyone done this or know if it's possible?

TIA!

Not sure why you'd want to do that or what exactly you are trying to accomplish but with vB you can create custom profile fields.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. part of my site will be collecting data about the users in my database. I would like to display that information below the user name. Can you provide me with an example of this in action?

Comment

No sorry, I don't have a specific example since we like to keep these forums as close to the default as possible. However it's a common enough thing to do that we have even made a Quick Tip for this: How To Add A Profile Field To The Postbit
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X