Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to all this But i won't to Learn it !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to all this But i won't to Learn it !!

Hi , I wont to buy the vBulletin that you all think is the best one!! And i am buying it to learn how to work the control room !! I play with FTA and it is just a hobby to me and that is why i wont to learn it !!

I didnt even know i needed a sever to make it work so now you know how much i know about this stuff !!

#1. I would like to now the price for vbulletin and i think its $180.00 !! And i was told i need to get a name for the site can some one tell me where and how much that is !!!

#2. I was told that i could get a sever out of the usa for a very low price for a year !!! If this is so could some one tell me a place and the price ??

#3. And to keep vBulletin up to date is the price on that $60/00 a year ??

If i have did wrong posting these Questions please for give me i am new and i dont know none of this . So if i do get one and i will !! You can see now !! (( I'll Be Back )) A lot !! Thanks Fivestones

You need some kind of hosting service to put up a forum and/or website. Most people do not run a website on their home computer!

A website is two things:
    1) The DOMAIN which is where you register the name/address of your site.
    2) The HOSTING which is the space where you put the files for your website.
    I suggest you get a different company for your DOMAIN and your HOSTING. That way if one of these companies goes out of business or makes a really stupid mistake, you can fix it.

GoDaddy has cheap DOMAINs and all automated so easy to change things without calling them.
    As for HOSTING there are tens of thousands of companies. Check Hosting forum here, or WebHostingTalk.com to choose a HOSTING company.

#1 vBulletin is $180.

#2 Answered above.

#3 I believe it is $60 a year to keep it up to date on the software, and you are penalized for letting your license lapse (recent policy change). Used to you could just pay upkeep when you wanted a new version.

Comment

feldon23, Thank you for letting me know all of this it is a lot of help !! I hope to get me a site soon TY !!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X