Same as you, I've seen you over there.

Leave a comment:

• TVDinner
    replied
    B - What forum software are you using ?

Leave a comment:

• Bengie
    replied
    In your case it's obviously wiser to stay where you are unless you can be certain of a faultless swop. Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• TVDinner
    replied
    No update to report at this time. I have chosen to stay with UltraBB (the main wowbb offshoot) because of a few reasons.
    1) mainly because of one lead coder/developer who is rapidly creating a new and vastly upgraded version of the software. Also mods are available much much faster now.
    2) I have over 10,000 images is my custom gallery, all top ranked in search engine results, that would not survive the transfer, so not changing programs.

Leave a comment:

• Bengie
    replied
    TvDinner, have you progressed with this please ?

Leave a comment:

• fufu
    replied
    Originally posted by TVDinner View Post
    Thanks again Trevor (and fufu)
    So if I understand correctly my users, usergroups, forums, threads, posts, private messages and attachments will transfer over, assuming the newer ultrabb is still based on the older wowbb 1.63. That is great to hear and a huge head start.

You mentioned above that it might take some "custom coding". Is there anyone available who can help with these types of conversions. Even if paid services for the assistance? We are willing to pay if needed.

I look forward to learning more. Thanks again.
    There might be a freelancer on 'vBulletin.org' who can help you out, if vBulletin cannot provide you with the service you require.

*Note: Do not expect a quick response time from freelancers.*

Leave a comment:

• TVDinner
    replied
    Thanks again Trevor (and fufu)
    So if I understand correctly my users, usergroups, forums, threads, posts, private messages and attachments will transfer over, assuming the newer ultrabb is still based on the older wowbb 1.63. That is great to hear and a huge head start.

You mentioned above that it might take some "custom coding". Is there anyone available who can help with these types of conversions. Even if paid services for the assistance? We are willing to pay if needed.

I look forward to learning more. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    We don't provide an import service I'm afraid. The only information I can give is what's in the manual as linked previously. The following can be imported from that version of wowBB:

• Import Usergroup
    • Import User
    • Import Forum
    • Import Thread
    • Import Post
    • Import Poll
    • Import Private message
    • Import Moderators
    • Import Attachment

Leave a comment:

• fufu
    replied
    Originally posted by TVDinner View Post
    Just wanted to follow up on this. We are probably going to start the process of switching over soon. Is there someone I can speak with or a website you can direct me to. Thank you again.
    Trevor is vBulletin official support staff or you can email them at [email protected].

I remember when WoWBB was released. I almost bought a copy of WoWBB, but decided on vBulletin instead, due to, quick support response time.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    We don't provide an import service I'm afraid. The only information I can give is what's in the manual as linked previously. The following can be imported from that version of wowBB:

• Import Usergroup
    • Import User
    • Import Forum
    • Import Thread
    • Import Post
    • Import Poll
    • Import Private message
    • Import Moderators
    • Import Attachment

Leave a comment:

• TVDinner
    replied
    Just wanted to follow up on this. We are probably going to start the process of switching over soon. Is there someone I can speak with or a website you can direct me to. Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• TVDinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    The WowBB importer is still available however it still only supports up to version 1.63. If UltraBB has the same database structure then you could use this however if not, you will likely need to do some custom coding to make it work
    Thank you Trevor. Is there someone I can speak to about this. Sorry for the questions. Just trying to get a handle on all of my options and if this is something we want to do.

We really appreciate the information. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    The WowBB importer is still available however it still only supports up to version 1.63. If UltraBB has the same database structure then you could use this however if not, you will likely need to do some custom coding to make it work

Leave a comment:

• TVDinner
    replied
    Is this still a valid option? I might be interested in converting my forum, which is UltraBB, a wowobb offshoult, to VB

My forum has over 200,000 posts and almost 2000 members.

I would love some feedback.

Leave a comment:

• muad
    replied
    Awesome. Thanks Wayne and Steve! We are very excited about switching to vB!!

-Muad

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Its is available for download after you buy the software. It integrates into the vBulletin Control Panel.

See the documentation for more information. http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X