converting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting

if i was to convert phpBB3 into the newest version of vBulletin, how long would that take? and would it be easily converted/transferred or is it buggy?

also, if i was to buy the full license which of course gets me for life, would it matter if i used it for 1 website and after i was done with it use it on another one? thanks =D

Originally posted by 5PEEDz View Post
    also, if i was to buy the full license which of course gets me for life, would it matter if i used it for 1 website and after i was done with it use it on another one? thanks =D
    Yes you could use it on another site,provided you change the URL in the Member Area.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

if i was to convert phpBB3 into the newest version of vBulletin, how long would that take? and would it be easily converted/transferred or is it buggy?
      If I remember correctly, you can convert a default phpbb3, but you are unable to convert passwords. Therefore you would have to send all members a link to let them resend their passwords.

I don' t understand this, because I read that other forums are able to convert phpbb3 passwords. You might be able to convert your forum to smf and then convert to vb.

Comment

Passwords are not imported from SMF either due to the way that they are encoded.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

well, and all the mods that i install for php wont necessarily work on vbulletin correct?

Comment

well, and all the mods that i install for php wont necessarily work on vbulletin correct?
            No,they won't.
            It is impossible to make converters to convert all the mods.

Comment

Granted, majority of the mods you have for phpBB should be available to download at vBulletin.org for your version of vB.

Comment

Would be interested to know how this goes as I am about to do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                  No,they won't.
                  It is impossible to make converters to convert all the mods.
                  I think part of my brain just short circuited thinking about that ......
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Most of the phpBB mods are built-in features of vBulletin anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                      Most of the phpBB mods are built-in features of vBulletin anyway.
                      33 pages of them?

Comment

2/3 of the phpBB mods on that first page are built into vBulletin. I'm not gonna look at all 33 pages, but I'd guess it's about the same.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X