Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

converting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • converting

    if i was to convert phpBB3 into the newest version of vBulletin, how long would that take? and would it be easily converted/transferred or is it buggy?

    also, if i was to buy the full license which of course gets me for life, would it matter if i used it for 1 website and after i was done with it use it on another one? thanks =D

  • #2
    Originally posted by 5PEEDz View Post
    also, if i was to buy the full license which of course gets me for life, would it matter if i used it for 1 website and after i was done with it use it on another one? thanks =D
    Yes you could use it on another site,provided you change the URL in the Member Area.


    vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 5PEEDz View Post
      if i was to convert phpBB3 into the newest version of vBulletin, how long would that take? and would it be easily converted/transferred or is it buggy?
      If I remember correctly, you can convert a default phpbb3, but you are unable to convert passwords. Therefore you would have to send all members a link to let them resend their passwords.

      I don' t understand this, because I read that other forums are able to convert phpbb3 passwords. You might be able to convert your forum to smf and then convert to vb.

      Comment


      • #4
        Passwords are not imported from SMF either due to the way that they are encoded.
        Kerry-Anne :)

        Twitter Blog

        www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

        Comment


        • #5
          well, and all the mods that i install for php wont necessarily work on vbulletin correct?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 5PEEDz View Post
            well, and all the mods that i install for php wont necessarily work on vbulletin correct?
            No,they won't.
            It is impossible to make converters to convert all the mods.


            vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

            Comment


            • #7
              Granted, majority of the mods you have for phpBB should be available to download at vBulletin.org for your version of vB.

              Comment


              • #8
                Would be interested to know how this goes as I am about to do the same thing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                  No,they won't.
                  It is impossible to make converters to convert all the mods.
                  I think part of my brain just short circuited thinking about that ......
                  I wrote ImpEx.

                  Blog | Me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Most of the phpBB mods are built-in features of vBulletin anyway.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                      Most of the phpBB mods are built-in features of vBulletin anyway.
                      33 pages of them?


                      vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        2/3 of the phpBB mods on that first page are built into vBulletin. I'm not gonna look at all 33 pages, but I'd guess it's about the same.

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X