Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tauhid
    replied
    but remember this, installing a plugin or hook in vbulletin is always a piece of cake. any n00b can do them, so you need not worry. this is my biggest relief after switching to vb, I do not think I ever had to touch one php file for editing anything in the forum unlike what I had to do everytime I installed a modification in IPB. so upgrading your hooks or plugins if they dont work on your next upgrade is not a headache at all, it takes you less than a minute to complete most of the mod installations...

Leave a comment:

• NegativeSmoke
    replied
    If i'm reading this correctly, you're concerned with doing updates for mods and having to re-install them with each new version?

Plugin based mods usually won't be affected by an upgrade, but if they are, the author of the mod 90% of the time releases an updated version for the new version of vBulletin.

The only mods you'd always have to do over are those with heavy template or file edits.

Leave a comment:

• tlwwolfseye
    started a topic Version Changes & Plugins / Mods

Version Changes & Plugins / Mods

I am planning to buy myself a vBulletion which is currently (stable) the 3.7.x if I am correct. I checked a little bit around Mods etc. and do I understand that right if I do now install a couple of them, latest with the 3.8 that all is for nothing and I have to reinstall them again ? In case the mods do actually work with the new Version.

Its already a pain .... to do version changes & mods on other Forums, but i donĀ“t usually have to make all new. How is that here with vB ?

Thanks

Wolfseye
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X