vBulletin API to add/remove users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin API to add/remove users

I have my own user DB. I've seen the docs on how to add/delete forum users using the vBulletin API.

I need to know if I could use the API from a different server than where the forum will be installed.

Kind regards,
    Poisa

That is certainly possible but it really depends on how both of those servers are configured and if they allow remote connections to each other.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

If you mean MySQL connections, then yes. One of the servers is a dedicated box which I currently have control over. The other... I don't know. Still, the forum will run on my dedicated linux server.

How would I go about doing this? You don't really need to post any code at all, just a general guideline would suffice.

Thanks for your help,
      Poisa

Comment

Go about doing what?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, I'm sorry. Let me explain.

For what I understand, to use the vBulletin API in PHP, you need to load the appropriate classes first. How would I be able to do that if the vBulletin install resides on another server?

Comment

hi,

here's a little sample

PHP Code:
            $userdm =& datamanager_init('User',$vbulletin,ERRTYPE_ARRAY);
            $userdm->delete($user); //carefull here
            $userdm->pre_save();
            if(empty(
            $userdm->errors))
            {

$userdm->save();
            }
            else
            {
                  die(
            print_r($userdm->errors));

however for custom coding questions you need togo at www.vbulletin.org also a tip look at the appriciate vBulletin file how these things are done it will help you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X