Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to buy

Hello,

I have several questions before we make Vb purchase.

1) Can I run Vb on IIS or do you prefer Apache ?
    2) If Apache then should I run Vb on MS windows or Linux ?
    3) Can I replace Vb logo with company logo after I purchase the software ?
    4) On your website it says $180/single license and $40 to renew license before its expired. Is it $40 per year or per month ?

Thank you

Originally posted by dnguyen View Post
    3) Can I replace Vb logo with company logo after I purchase the software ?
    4) On your website it says $180/single license and $40 to renew license
    I'll answer the 3rd and 4th question:

3: Yes and it could be easily changed via the admin control panel. You don't need to pay extra or get permission.
    4: $40 is a yearly renewal fee if you want to continue receiving updates for vb.

Someone will answer all or the rest for you.
    www.christianforumsite.com
    sigpic

Comment

1 & 2...

The only requirements are that you have PHP installed so that pages are parsed properly by the Webserver. Both IIS and Apache allow this. You would also need access to a MySQL server either on the localhost server or an accessible remote one.

We do not express preference over the operating system that is used. However a majority of our customers find that Apache under Linux suits their needs best and a lot of our documentation is targetted to these individuals. This doesn't mean that you can't use Windows, just that some things may be handled differently, e.g. using Remote Desktop or VPN instead of SSH to access remote servers.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Is Vb comes with MySQL or do I have to purchase MySQL ? MySQL enterprise is about $600/year license, can I use MySQL community version for Vb ?

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen View Post
          Is Vb comes with MySQL or do I have to purchase MySQL ? MySQL enterprise is about $600/year license, can I use MySQL community version for Vb ?
          MySQL license fees are are usually by the hosting company. Most of them have it but you still need to confirm,
          www.christianforumsite.com
          sigpic

Comment

Well, I am hosting my own server so I guess I need to buy or use MySQL Community version

Comment

We are forbidden under MySQL's licensing to distribute it. If we did, we would have to incorporate the Enterprise Licensing cost in the cost of vBulletin.

The community version is more than satisfatory to run vBulletin. In fact it is the same as the enterprise version. Just not tested as much or supported by MySQL AB.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Question about licensing.
                Since each license is register to one domain can I install Vb on a server that doens't host the domain ?
                For example I have 2 servers A and B. Server A is hosting www.xyz.com and I want to install Vb on server B. On my webpage www.xyz.com I will create a link that call Vb on server B. Since server B doens't host a domain, when I buy Vb do i use www.xyz.com domain even though xyz.com doesn't host on server B ?

Comment

You set the URL for your license as to what the URL is when you access your forums directly. For example, if your website is at abc.com and has a link to your forums which are at 123.com then your forum URL is 123.com not abc.com or you might use xyz.com to access your website but your forums are on another server that only has a hosting provider url like somehost.com/yourhostingusername in which case that would be the URL used for your license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X