LIST of Hosts vB Works On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIST of Hosts vB Works On

I tested my website with vb_test.php before purchasing--everything passed. However, I could not install due to PHP missing "--with-xml." The test script should look for this option as it is critical for installation OR the Vb Team should state this problem exists before purchases are made.

So, which hosting services support vBulletin?

vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.3.3) and MySQL (minimum 4.0.16) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

Most credible hosts now support both PHP and MySQL, and can run our software. We do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.

Comment

My server uses PHP Version 4.4.1 and MySQL 4.1.22 however the configure command is missing the necessary option mentioned above. I found this thread describing the same problem. The recommendation thread is nice. All I want is a list of providers vBulletin actually runs on (including type of account).

Comment

XML is a default feature of the minimum required version of vBulletin. You no longer need --with-xml in the configure command to have it enabled. If you look in your phpinfo() it should list the XML functions if XML is not specifically disabled by the host. If it is disabled then ask them to recompile PHP without it being disabled.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I always use Host Gator

URL Jet and Site Ground both offer Vbulletin optimized hosting.

And free installation, updates and I believe modifications I might add.

Though hostgator is good, the staff dont know allot about vbulletin, and this takes longer to resolve issues as they dont know vb and the Vb staff dont know your host.
          Using the either of the last two, manly URLjet, you will beable to get both vbulletin and webhost help from the same people.

HOWEVER, about the updates, you still need to have access to Vbulletin updates through your license. Just because they will update your forum version for you, doesnt mean that you can stop paying the support fee. Although, it does mean that you dont have to pay for support if you are not updating, as you will still beable to get adequate support from the webhost staff.
          Last edited by blackfalcon; Thu 4 Dec '08, 5:54pm.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Please feel free to mention any others. I'm looking for hosts that run vBulletin right out of the box. I switched to Hawkhost and was able to install without difficulty. The board runs fine except for an erroneous message when uploading avatars and profiles. vBulletin Support and Hawkhost are stumped on the problem. So far 2 hosts have been unable to run vBulletin properly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X