Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Please kindly disregard many parts of gamestar's post. Their efforts to help are appreciated, but unfortunately they have given some incorrect information

1) This is indeed a pre-sales question and does belong here, not in the support forum. However if you want specific instructions, then it belongs in the support forum.

--
    In the AdminCP, you are free to customize the templates within vB. These are the templates that are used to display vBulletin and it's contents.

You can also change the banner by simply changing a setting in the AdminCP under your style's settings.

And lastly, you are able to change the colors and CSS of vBulletin via the CSS manager, which is also in the AdminCP.

It does not take an expert, but it does require a bit of general coding knowledge; nothing extensive though.
    You can find a lot of help with this in the vBulletin manual as well as at www.vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• whatsabroad1
    replied
    hi

thank you for your reply.
    would you recommend i buy this manual in book format.

regards

whatsabroad

Leave a comment:

• gamestar
    replied
    First, this is a pre-sales question forum, this should be in the support forum.

However, to answer your question. You will need some html knowledge, but not much.

If you just want to change your logo:

Replace images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif with your own logo.
    If your own logo has different measures or you want it to have another name, goto template: HEADER and even without a lot of html knowledge you should be able to change it by reading the code (it's pretty easy to follow what is what).

If you want to change more colors/images of the default style you can do so by going to the overview of the different themes and chosing 'Edit main css' (I guess it's called so, I should have to look to be sure) in the dropdown list.
    You can find this in the manual.

To change the position of elements you need some html knowledge...
    How to do this is all explained in the manual

There are some complete skins available free at vbulletin.org, or you can google for paid skins (there are tons of them).

Leave a comment:

• whatsabroad1
    started a topic new entry to vbulletin

new entry to vbulletin

hi

myself and a partner has just purchased vbulletin to host a specific forum.

we are completely new to this and we want to create our own look to the forum add our logo to it and create the forum our way rather than just have the standard format.

ie adding banners , adding multiple forum and customising the look of the front page etc. do i need to be an xhtml expert?

On viewing the control panel , it is not clear how we do this.
    what is the best way of doing this please .
    can anyone help as im fretful. our content isnt a problem as we are knowlegable in ths

whatsabroad1
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X