X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedHotChili
    replied
    Same here - n00b

I too am interested in starting an online community and thinking of purchasing a VB license. Hopefully this is the right place to learn how to launch it.

TIA to everyone for your help.

Leave a comment:

• jeffinj
    replied
    vb is easy to use and definitely the best your money can buy but as a newbie it might take you a while to understand how it all works. There are so many here at the vb forums to give you advice. You also have a priority support from Jelsoft staff as long as you have an active license. Welcome to our community btw.

Leave a comment:

• findingjesus
    replied
    i be more then happy to help, and you find Vb is better brand

and is tricky to learn at first, but you get it and you be happy that you got VB.

Leave a comment:

• jellyhead
    replied
    Many thanks to all for the welcomed advice. I think I will play with the demo for a while and then keep popping back into this thread with my relevant questions.

Thanks again, JELLYHEAD

Leave a comment:

• choccyclaire
    replied
    vBulletin also comes with a detailed manual with a step by step on how to install the software.

I was a moderator on another vb board for over 2 years, and set up my forum beginning of this year with no other knowledge. Now my site gets around 1500 post a day and we have around 1100 members.

Remember there is always support out there and no question is too stupid.

You might also find it helpful to spend a few days playing with the demo on here.

Leave a comment:

• JVCode
    replied
    vBulletin is very easy to setup and requires to little to no knowledge of php, or mysql.

If you do manage to get stuck though, with either the installation or workings of your new forum, don't hesitate to send me a PM, more than happy to help

Leave a comment:

• Tauhid
    replied
    Originally posted by jellyhead View Post
    HI,
    I have recently purchased a domain that would work well as a forum. I am a complete newbie regards html or code. I have no real experience in website design either....

...am I capable of installing this vbulletin software with so little knowledge?

I think I read something about having it installed by vbulletin, is this an option? ..and is a vbulletin forum easy to manage? I mean, is it something that is going to take my whole day up with my lack of experience?

Thanks in advance,
    JELLYHEAD
    not really, 5 years back, I was right where you stand...had no knowledge of html, php, mysql or whatever. Now, I might say I am successful. You will need time to get used to the whole interface, but any normal human being will catch up soon. I would suggest you to spend about 1-2 weeks lurking around your vbulletin setup before taking your forum live. Once you are used to it, you can get the right advertisements done and get your forum on the hotspot. Go ahead and buy this software, it is the most user friendly, if anything other forum softwares would be a headache for you to understand. to me vb is the most user friendly software for a complete n00b.

Leave a comment:

• jellyhead
    started a topic Complete Newbie Here....

Complete Newbie Here....

HI,
    I have recently purchased a domain that would work well as a forum. I am a complete newbie regards html or code. I have no real experience in website design either....

...am I capable of installing this vbulletin software with so little knowledge?

I think I read something about having it installed by vbulletin, is this an option? ..and is a vbulletin forum easy to manage? I mean, is it something that is going to take my whole day up with my lack of experience?

Thanks in advance,
    JELLYHEAD
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X