Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from Wbb2 to Vbulletin

Hello all,

I am currently running a forum using WBB2 (woltlab burning boards 2.xxx)
    and I am extremely interested in buying a VBulletin liscense, but I would not do it with out being able to seamlessly switch over from what I am currently using. My users would kill me if I had them switch.

Please let me know, thanks.

You can do this with vBulletin's ImpEx. ImpEx is available free of charge for all valid license holders in the members area.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_wBB
    WoltLab Burning Board
    Tier = 1
    Source version support in ImpEx = 2.3.3
    • Import User Groups
    • Import Users
    • Import Ban List
    • Import Forums and Categories
    • Import Threads
    • Import Smilies
    • Import Posts
    • Import Polls
    • Import Private Messages
    • Import Moderators
    • Import Attachment
    Passwords:
    Not all systems can import the source board's passwords; this is due to the nature in which they are stored. The details for each importer should list if they can be imported or not.

If you import from a system where the passwords can not be imported or there was an error importing the passwords you can use the email all users and send them the link to your boards password reset page when you are ready to go live.

That will allow them to reset their passwords, though it relies on them having the correct email address in their source boards user profile.
    Twitter | Face Book

OSChat.net - Open Source Chat Software.
    osTicket.com - Open Source Support Ticket Software.

Comment

Feel free to move on to vBulletin.

You will surely not be disappointed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X