Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to appear vBulletin and what it will be and will cost how many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to appear vBulletin and what it will be and will cost how many?

Hello! Tell please when leaves vBulletin 4. I searched for the information on its exit, but and have not found. I very much wait for its exit. When it leaves presumably what it will be what changes and all other in it will be? How many it will cost, whether it will be necessary to buy in addition it or only to pay annual technical support of the licence and all. When presumably it is planned to appear? Thanks!
    Last edited by John [RU]; Sat 29th Nov '08, 12:26pm.

Originally posted by John [RU] View Post
    Hello! Tell please when leaves vBulletin 4. I searched for the information on its exit, but and have not found. I very much wait for its exit. When it leaves presumably what it will be what changes and all other in it will be? How many it will cost, whether it will be necessary to buy in addition it or only to pay annual technical support of the licence and all. When presumably it is planned to appear? Thanks!
    Sorry John, there is no available information on vB 4.x
    It will probably cost the same as vB 3.x if it appears in 2009.
    Perhaps it will happen later? Because of inflation it could cost more.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

John,

It might be better to get the latest stable version and wait for the upgrade so that you won't have to worry about higher costs.
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

I don' t think vb 4.0 will be released in 2009. It took vb more than a year to go from 3.6 to 3.8 and 4.0 is a much bigger step! I don' t expect much price difference for 4.0. I think the pricing has been stable for 8 years and last year they changed it for the first time (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268714).

Without knowing how 4.0 will look like, I don' t see any reason to wait for it anyway. I would just look what features I need and compare it with current stable version or beta versions. You probably want to have a look at available mods, too, since I doubt that anyone can go online without any customization.

Comment

Don't even worry about vBulletin 4 right now, get yourself a license if you haven't got one already and run the latest stable version, which at the moment is 3.7.4.

You'd be better off.

Comment

Any speculation about pricing and release dates is just that, speculation. There has been no official announcement about vBulletin 4 yet.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X