phpBB 2.0 plus to vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB 2.0 plus to vbulletin?

I have phpBB 2.0 plus I believe (http://www.bonusforum.se/index.php is the forum) but I want to convert to vbulletin, is this possible (without starting from scratch with 0 post and 0 members? My programmer made a few changes btw but nothing big.

Another question:
    I currently display a monthly figure on different stuff on each member that I change daily like

(Example)
    member 1 - $1000 gifts, $1500 food, $2000 gaming.
    member 2 - $500 gifts, $2000 food, $3000 gaming

and when I go in for "gifts" then I will be able to see and update and edit any figure i like

Gifts
    member 1 - $1000
    member 2 - $500
    -------------------------------

Is this something that can be done with vBulletin somehow?

I have recently updated from a heavy modded phpbb2 to vb 3.7. I was able to import all data, but I had to do a lot of manual work. Everything concerning standard phpbb2 features will be imported without any problem through impex (vb' s import script), but everything else needs to be manually imported.

These seem to be the installed phpbb plus mods:
    Installed Mods: Categories Hierarchie Mod, Gender Mod, Last Visit Mod, Card Ban Mod, Topic Calendar Mod, Statistics Mod, Advanced Links Mod, Country Flag Mod, Print Topic Mod, Tell a Friend Mod, Today at/Yesterday at Mod, Message Icon Mod, Online Status Mod, Advanced Quick Reply Mod, CMX News Mod, Scroll BBCode Mod, Fade BBCode Mod, Glow & Shadow BBCode Mod, Stream BBCode Mod, Flash BBCode Mod, Highlight BBCode Mod, PHP Code BBCode Mod, Photo Album Mod, Template fisubsilver Shadow 2.11, Smartors Portal Administration Mod, Junior Admin Mod, Color Groups Mod, Moved Folder Image Mod, Opacity Buttons Mod, FI Navslices Mod, Complete Banner Mod, Announcement Suite Mod
    Gender and country flags needs impex customization in order to import those values. There are threads in this forum describing how to do that. There is no topic calendar mod available for 3.7 or 3.8. There used to be mods for older versions, but I don' t know if they will ever be updated.

Categories hierarchie mod might cause problems, too. You might want to deactivate the mod before import or organize your forum according to standard phpbb2 display, meaning put all forums and categories to root.

There is no impex import for phpbb album mod. You will have to do it manually and it requires quite a lot work.

I don' t know about your gifts modification. Is that just a custom profile field where you as an admin input those values manually? This is default vb feature. But you might want to have a look at the various credits mods for vbulletin. I think it is a pain to handle credits manually and if your forum gets bigger not possible at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X