No announcement yet.

Money Conversion Unfair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelsoft is a commercial company ,so they have different pricing strategies in different areas to achieve the biggest sales income.

For example,may a benz car charged twice or more in China than U.S.

So it has nothing to do with fairness.That's my understanding.

Comment

What is this whole "VAT" thing that people are talking about? Are they going to tax us if we pay in GBP?

Comment

Originally posted by Blootix.com View Post
        What is this whole "VAT" thing that people are talking about? Are they going to tax us if we pay in GBP?
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_added_tax

And I don't believe you pay it if you're outside of the European Union, I could be wrong though.
        -David

Comment

Originally posted by Blootix.com View Post

VAT = Value Added Tax which is charged on many goods and services in the UK and Europe.

If you are in the USA you do not get charged the VAT.

Comment

Really? That changes my plans then. See, I thought you had to pay VAT if you were in the USA, too.

If you have to pay it, it's like two cents cheaper to buy in GBP then in USD. I worked it out, with the conversion and the VAT...

But, if you don't have to pay the VAT, then it's much cheaper to pay in GBP. Are you positive on this, before I do it...?

Comment

Note: Once you have provided a country, you may be required to pay VAT (15%).
              That is from the purchase system. Your best plan is to email sales and ask them specifically before you go any further.

Comment

No VAT when you pay in USD...

Comment

VAT is dependant on country, not currency. You can pay in USD, GBP or Euros regardless of where in the world you are. VAT is only applicible if you are in the EU.

Comment

It should also be noted that if you pay with an American Express card, your currency must be US Dollars. It will not be accepted with any other currency due to rules applied by the card company.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
                      VAT is dependant on country, not currency. You can pay in USD, GBP or Euros regardless of where in the world you are. VAT is only applicible if you are in the EU.
                      now that cleared everything. thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X