Updating when I buy now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating when I buy now

Hello, I am planning to buy vBulletin today, but I have a question about what I cannot do anymore if I just only buy an Owned license now. Will I be able to upgrade it to 3.8.0 once it is released (without paying extra costs), and will I be able to purchase the blog or project tools possibility later on (for the same price, $60)?

You will be able to upgrade to any new versions released for one year after the purchase date.

And you can purchase Project Tools at any time.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      You will be able to upgrade to any new versions released for one year after the purchase date..
      Also beyond the first year if I pay the nominal fee of $40 every year? And will the upgrading be very complicated?

And you can purchase Project Tools at any time.
      Does this also count for the blog?

Comment

1. You can view the upgrade documentation here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade/

2. What do you mean 'count for the Blog?'
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

For $60 the Blog possibility can be purchased. However, I do not want to buy it today together with my Owned license, but I want to buy it later. Can I add the blog possibility for users later?

1. You can view the upgrade documentation here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade
          Allright, but this:

You will be able to upgrade to any new versions released for one year after the purchase date.
          This could suggest that you could not upgrade anymore after a year, maybe even if you paid the nominal fee for $40 dollar, which would mean that you would be stuck to a version after a year. I presume that you still can upgrade your vBulletin version after a year when you pay the $40 nominal fee, right?
          Last edited by Irvine; Tue 18th Nov '08, 1:11pm.

Comment

Edit: sorry, double post

Comment

Originally posted by Irvine View Post
              For $60 the Blog possibility can be purchased. However, I do not want to buy it today together with my Owned license, but I want to buy it later. Can I add the blog possibility for users later?

Allright, but this:

This could suggest that you could not upgrade anymore after a year, maybe even if you paid the nominal fee for $40 dollar, which would mean that you would be stuck to a version after a year. I presume that you still can upgrade your vBulletin version after a year when you pay the $40 nominal fee, right?
              1) Can I purchase Project Tools and/or Blog at a later date for my license?
              Yes they hook into your license once purchased, each add-on is a one time fee of $60.
              2) An owned license means you can run your forums forever and not have to remove them after the first year (Leased license requires you to remove the forum after 1 year or purchase an owned license) and you get free upgrades for a year after the purchase date.
              The $40 (or $60 depending...) a year after is to regain access to updates once your first year is over, that is what the expiration date for your owned license is for, after that date, you won't be able to access any NEW versions to upgrade to unless you pay the $40 (or $60 if it's after 60 days of your license expiration.)

I hope this cleared some stuff up for you.

Comment

Yea thanks, it is totally clear now =)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X