I have two questions about vb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have two questions about vb

I already have a leased license of vb but i had some questions. I am not sure if this is the right place, but i will ask.

1) Can you have to seperate forums under one domain and one license.
    i.e. www.yousellstuff.com/forum1
    www.yousellstuff.com/forum2 (just examples)
    (two completly different forums with different members and everything

2) If i have a leased license, can i buy someone else's transferable owned license and not lose everything on my forum?

Originally posted by yousellstuff View Post
    I already have a leased license of vb but i had some questions. I am not sure if this is the right place, but i will ask.

1) Can you have to seperate forums under one domain and one license.
    i.e. www.yousellstuff.com/forum1
    www.yousellstuff.com/forum2 (just examples)
    (two completly different forums with different members and everything
    No,you cannot have them with one licence.
    Last edited by beishe8; Sun 16 Nov '08, 9:05pm.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

No you can't buy someone else's transferable owned license while holding a leased (As far as I know), but you can pay the difference and upgrade to an owned license.

Comment

You can buy someone else's owned license ONLY if the license in question is valid for transfer. It will not nullify your leased license. If you no longer need the leased license (IE: you now have an owned license), you can simply let it expire. However, you are responsible to update all files with the files from the new license. That is to say, you will need to overwrite all your existing files with the files from the owned license you received via transfer. Assuming if you've made no changes to the files directly (IE: I edit this file for a hack, I edit that file for something else), then you will not lose any data. If you've made changes to the files, you will need to re-apply the changes again to regain the functionalities.
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X