Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

I want to buy vbulletin to put on my hosting page. I tried to ask a question in another thread but I got the "no access" message. I'm not sure if I need to do more to my host before adding vbulletin.

www.justhost.com

Please help? I've already paid $41.88 for a year of web hosting and I don't want it to go to waste. I'm just not sure if I should buy vbulletin as I don't know how to set up the host page. I'm so confused.

Angela

You can purchase vB here:

https://www.vbulletin.com/order/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You don't need to do anything else to your host. If you already registered a domain name and paid for hosting, all you need to do now is buy and install vbulletin.

Comment

Thank you. I have more questions:

1. Is there any way to get someone to install vbulletin for me? Is there a charge for installation service? I'm ready to purchase vbulletin and I'd like to get my message board/forum up and running today or tomorrow.

2. I don't want my hosting domain name to be the same as my vbulletin message board/forum name. Will I be able to change it? At first, I was going to build a horror community but I've decided to do "entertainment", i.e. movies, books, art, video games, and other hobbies.

3. I tried to do a vbulletin demo but I was asked to sign in to a nonsecure server. Not sure what to do. I've seen the features on other vbulletin forums and I like the layout.

Comment

1. You can purchase the install at the same time you purchase vbulletin. I believe its an extra $150.

2. If you don't want to use the domain name you already have, you will need to register the new name that you want.

3. When asked to log in to non secure for the demo. just click ok/yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chalz View Post
            1. You can purchase the install at the same time you purchase vbulletin. I believe its an extra $150.

2. If you don't want to use the domain name you already have, you will need to register the new name that you want.

3. When asked to log in to non secure for the demo. just click ok/yes.
            Do I go into my webhosting site and create a new domain, then? I'd like to just change the one I started with. Is that possible?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by VengeanceIsMine View Post
              Do I go into my webhosting site and create a new domain, then? I'd like to just change the one I started with. Is that possible?
              No,you cannot create a new domain.
              You have to buy it.

ATM your forum could be created at yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com/yourforum.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X