Transferring from IPB to vB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floris View Post
    Users who make the mistake thinking a new account will resolve it all .. can always be merged later when they change their mind again.

vB has a default feature 'merge users' where two accounts can get merged. Threads and PM, etc will then be updated and the source account will get deleted.

Account management is quite advanced.
    Oh ok. That's awesome to know. Cheers for that Floris.
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Did you get your license and installation figured out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeSmoke View Post
        Did you get your license and installation figured out yet?
        Not yet, I am going to do it in the next couple of days. Once I have got everything, you will be the first to know.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

I have got that worked out now and have actually bought a leased licence today.
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

VB team, you should warn O.P. that they have to ask ALL members to reset password "manually", this means password is NOT converted

Comment

Originally posted by ikillbill View Post
              VB team, you should warn O.P. that they have to ask ALL members to reset password "manually", this means password is NOT converted
              Mate I have told my members that they have to register with a new account..... So I am not worrying about their old accounts.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

I found out that my board isn't actually transferable through impex because it is hosted by forumer. So instead of trying to transfer it across I may as well start a fresh one as there are only a few posts on the old board.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Originally posted by hawksgirl View Post
                  I found out that my board isn't actually transferable through impex because it is hosted by forumer. So instead of trying to transfer it across I may as well start a fresh one as there are only a few posts on the old board.
                  Meaning you don't have access to the source data ?
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                    I doubt it. Forumer is similar to InvisionFree; remotely hosted. They may allow database access for a fee, but in the brief time I was with Forumer many years ago, they never did.
                    Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                      No I have access to the source data. I can get the script but impex won't do the transfer.
                      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

is it possible to change hash format of vb in php files i.e md5(md5($pass).$salt) to that of ipb hash format i.e md5(md5($salt).md5($pass)) ........??
                        or using "or" statement so future passwords save in orginal vb format ??

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

I don't know if that is feasible or not, but since that requires custom coding it would not be something we could officially support.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X