Questions For Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions For Sales

Right, for months ive been doing alot of planning, researching etc & i have decided i WILL be purchasing vBulletin.

I emailed sales on Thursday (itsa now monday) & have not got a reply, so perhaps a sales person could answer my questions here?

1. I have sufficient funds in my paypal account, so how long will it take to get my license?

2. what exactly is vbulletin tools?

3. If i see a mod/plugin i like, but i just cant install it, then what?

4. If i have an idea for a mod, will the idea be made?

5. what stuff CANT vbulletin do?

Thanks

I would just like to add, do you need your own server to put up vBulletin or does it come with the licence?

Comment

Originally posted by Sellaman View Post
      I would just like to add, do you need your own server to put up vBulletin or does it come with the licence?
      vBulletin is forum software, you need to install it on an appropriate server/host system to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmknights View Post
        Right, for months ive been doing alot of planning, researching etc & i have decided i WILL be purchasing vBulletin.

I emailed sales on Thursday (itsa now monday) & have not got a reply, so perhaps a sales person could answer my questions here?

1. I have sufficient funds in my paypal account, so how long will it take to get my license?

Thanks
        Those are MY questions

Comment

Originally posted by Sellaman View Post
          You need to start your own thread.
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

Thanks
            1) Instant eg a few minutes after purchase
            2) vBulletin tools ? probably you mean Project Tools and here it is used as a bugtracker.Please note Project Tools costs extra and you do not need it if you just want a forum
            3)Then you have a problem.vBulletin does not provide support for third party addons however there is still www.vbulletin.org which will help you in getting the plugin installed
            4) not exactely you are however free to voice your opinion in the feedback forum (vBulletin developers read it)
            5) that question is not clear to me

Comment

Thanks
              If you purchase via PayPal you should get the download instructions in minutes.

vBulletin tools are for development use.

Mods and plugins are usually very easy to install and there is help/advice available here and at vB.org

What can't vBulletin do? Make your breakfast......... (you need to be more specific.)

Comment

Thanks
                1) When you purchase via PayPal, I believe you instantly get access to your license.

2) Do you mean Project Tools? http://www.vbulletin.com/features_project.php

3) Then you either don't get it, or you find somebody who will install it for you.

4) If you can make it yourself, yes. Otherwise, you would have to request it at www.vbulletin.org. It might get made, it might not (by volunteer license-holders; not Jelsoft employees). Also, whoever creates it may charge you for it since it's a "custom order".

5) Travel back in time, tie your shoes, do your work for you.... there's a lot it can't do. Be more specific
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

What vBulletin Cant do - What i mean is what cant vbulletin do that other forums can?

Comment

What vBulletin Cant do - What i mean is what cant vbulletin do that other forums can?

Follow these links :>>>

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/ vB documentation.

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php Live Demo

Comment

the manual shows the features, but it doesnt state whats NOT possible.

The main reason i ask this is because i have an idea how i want to make my site, but its not the normal forum type if u know what i mean

Comment

The main reason i ask this is because i have an idea how i want to make my site, but its not the normal forum type if u know what i mean
                        well, what is the way you want to make your site?
                        Some of my Mods:
                        Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                        Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                        Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
                        Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

Well basically i want it looking like a gaming site.
                          Possibly using the v3arcade but making a more visual style so it looks like a site for gaming, not just a forum

Comment

Why not look through the 1740+ gaming sites listed in the Live forums section to see what can be done?

http://www.vbulletin.com/links.php

Comment

To summarise

1. Instantly (when payment has been confirmed)

2. Read the project tools page for more information.

3. Then ya screwed, unless you know someone good at that. (They are all very easy to install)

4. Doubtful, but its worth a shot.

5. There is not much vBulletin cannot do. Its the best out there.
                              Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X