Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vBulletin

Work on a WAMP stack?
    Last edited by Tank34; Thu 6th Nov '08, 8:40pm.

I have run vbulletin on Wamp for a local testing environment for testing.

I have never done it in a production one though.
    www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

Originally posted by copiertalk View Post
      I have run vbulletin on Wamp for a local testing environment for testing.

I have never done it in a production one though.

Thanks.
      I hope I can find someone that has actually launched one.

Comment

vBulletin will work on any platform that has PHP & MySQL (with correct versions).

Comment

Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
          vBulletin will work on any platform that has PHP & MySQL (with correct versions).

There in lies the question.
          Which is why I was wondering if someone had successfully launched with WAMP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tank34 View Post
            There in lies the question.
            Which is why I was wondering if someone had successfully launched with WAMP.
            WAMP just stands for Windows + Apache + MySQL + PHP.

Loads of people use that combo on production sites. If you are talking about the preconfigured setup, why use it? Just install them all yourself. You'll understand what is going on better and it will help in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
              WAMP just stands for Windows + Apache + MySQL + PHP.

Loads of people use that combo on production sites. If you are talking about the preconfigured setup, why use it? Just install them all yourself. You'll understand what is going on better and it will help in the long run.

I'm familiar with the acronym. I just wanted a definite answer.
              I've seen your MySQL/PhP (Win32) requirements for windows/IIS servers, but I'm not sure how those requirements change when running apache on windows (i.e. WAMP). Maybe they don't, I don't know.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.3.3) and MySQL (minimum 4.0.16) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software. It does not matter if it is Apache or IIS, but some things need extra consideration for IIS servers. The operating system of the server also does not matter.
                Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X