Some Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions

I'm thinking of purchasing vB for use on a community I'm opening up. I'm also considering Blog. Is there a way to limit use of the blog by user group or subscription? Also I intend on showing ads on the forums, and to have them removed by subscription. Can subscriptions remove advertisements or how could that be achieved? Or can you assign a certain theme to a particular usergroup, etc.

Also, if you purchase the original license (I've read this a few times but it confuses me) and then don't renew it... I understand that I can no longer update my system but can I still operate the forums? Also how would this apply to the blog system?

Originally posted by spc0806 View Post
    Also, if you purchase the original license (I've read this a few times but it confuses me) and then don't renew it... I understand that I can no longer update my system but can I still operate the forums? Also how would this apply to the blog system?
    You may use both of them forever,provided you did not purchase the 1 year (lease)licence.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Okay I thought so if you leased it the first time is there a discount to switch to a full license?

Comment

Okay I thought so if you leased it the first time is there a discount to switch to a full license?
        "You can upgrade from a leased to an owned license for an additional $100 if you do so within 60 days of the purchase. After 60 days, it is full price."

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

I'm also considering Blog. Is there a way to limit use of the blog by user group or subscription?
          Yes.
          Also I intend on showing ads on the forums, and to have them removed by subscription. Can subscriptions remove advertisements or how could that be achieved?
          When you add your Ad code, you can wrap it in a template conditional to hide for certain usergroups.

Or can you assign a certain theme to a particular usergroup, etc.
          You can do that too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X