X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abomination
    replied
    Originally posted by uberjon View Post
    i suggest you check into i think its called, "social group forums" mod or something along those lines, its not exactly what your asking but it may be an option!

Think you are describing "Public Joinable Groups" and they do work well. The forums can be set up to be hidden, then people ask to join. When they are approved they see the forum and can participate.

The person granting permission to join the Public Joinable Group does not have to be a moderator, just given the task to approve/dissaprove/ignore/or even un-approve members of the group.

Leave a comment:

• uberjon
    replied
    i suggest you check into i think its called, "social group forums" mod or something along those lines, its not exactly what your asking but it may be an option!

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    vBulletin does not offer a Site License nor does the license permit Forum Hosting. In other words, you may not allow users to come in and create their own forums and administrate them on a larger forum.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Multiple webservers to power one installtion of the software is allowed.

I'd suggest you read the license agreement: http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php

Leave a comment:

• amroawad
    replied
    And I also read that if you buy a license you are allowed to use it on one server.
    But what happens if you forums grows and you need 4 servers to make it capable to
    run the forum properly?

Do you need 4 licenses then because if this is the case it's a rippoff. Yes guys you can buy a license but you can't grow your forum otherwise you ow us more money!

Please let me know since this will let me decide to buy or not!

Leave a comment:

• NegativeSmoke
    replied
    No, each forum requires it's own unique license, so if you plan on having 2 forum installations on the same domain name just on a subdomain say:

yoursite.com/forums and
    userforums.yoursites.com

each will require a license so
    yoursite.com/forums needs a license and
    userforums.yoursite.com needs a license.

So your answer is No, no you can't host multiple installations of vBulletin with just one license, you will need a license for each unique installation.

Leave a comment:

• amroawad
    started a topic Can you make subforums?

Can you make subforums?

Hi,

Is it allowed to use vbulletin and let users create there own forums with the software for free if they remain on the same domainname but on a subdomain.

Please let me know.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X