Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting specific fields for a user post

Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing vBulletin for the purpose of creating a local forum where people can buy and sell things with a vision to extend it out over time. To begin with though, I'm wondering if it's at all possible to create a set of fields that the user has to enter when they create a new post in certain areas of the forum. So say for example instead of letting them just type whatever they want as a continous string of text, having fields like item description, price, contact etctera and then once they've submitted these details, doing some basic formatting so that all the posts have a consistent structure and presentation.

The other thing is I'd like any general input or thoughts from people on why they think using vBulletin primarily as a means for people to post stuff to buy and sell is a good or bad idea, but please, keep any comments and criticism constructive.

Cheers, Bryce.

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks Steve. Anyone else have any comments on the concept in general? Cheers, Bryce.

Comment

you can check this:

http://www.giologist.com/vb/index.ph...fo&productid=1

Comment

Originally posted by disenioweb View Post
          looks interesting, thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X