Domain questions (amoung others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain questions (amoung others)

1. I need to get this clear. Say I purchased an vBulletin Owned License and ran it on www.myfakefishstore.com but then decided I wanted to sell t-shirts for a living (with a forum), could I remove it from that domain and run it on www.myfaketshirtshop.com, or would I have to buy a second license?

2. Is the license registered to the domain, person or company?

3. Will older themes work on vb 3.8?

4. How high spec is vbulletin (I can't find the server spec), its it reasonable to run it on shared hosting?

1) You can change your domain any time. Just be sure to remove it from your old domain and update your license in the member's area.

2) It is registered to person/company depending on how you filled the order form, and associated with the domain of choice.

3) Older styles might work on 3.8, however, you will not be able to use features that is not on the older version style. It is recommended that you use the style for your version.

4) Resource requirements depends on how popular / busy your forum is. For most start up forums, shared hosting should be suffice. As your forum grow, you will eventually need to upgrade to a better server. It is best to not lock yourself down for too long (IE: don't go and buy 10 yrs of hosting just because its cheap). We do not make official hosting recommendations, but you can see some community reviews and questions in the hosting forum: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X