Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok... Not super comupter guy, but i have a few questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    ok soooo... i'm sure you guys are sick of me by now... but, baised on the phone suport and this forum we have desided to go with vBulletin.

    we have a domain locked and an unlimted web host package.

    will probly need a web disign package too right? something we can design a main page that has links to each group with it's own vBulletin license...

    will one unlimited web host package be able to hold 5-10 groups all with it's one vBulletin forums on them??? (on one domain)

    ie.
    www.groups.com <--- main page (no forum)
    with links to:
    www.groups.com/group1 <--- forum
    www.groups.com/group2 <--- forum
    www.groups.com/group3 <--- forum
    www.groups.com/group4 <--- forum

    is there any way to have 5-10 different forums, ran be different people besides buying 5 - 10 license? (i know i asked this one already) just double checking...

    is there a better way of setting up a network of forums, other than the way i'm thinking????

    again... thank everyone for your help... our help is the reson we have picked to go with vBulletin...

    Comment


    • #17
      That will require multiple licenses.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

      Steve Machol Photography


      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by KATAIKENNELS View Post
        ok soooo... i'm sure you guys are sick of me by now... but, baised on the phone suport and this forum we have desided to go with vBulletin.

        we have a domain locked and an unlimted web host package.

        will probly need a web disign package too right? something we can design a main page that has links to each group with it's own vBulletin license...

        will one unlimited web host package be able to hold 5-10 groups all with it's one vBulletin forums on them??? (on one domain)

        ie.
        www.groups.com <--- main page (no forum)
        with links to:
        www.groups.com/group1 <--- forum
        www.groups.com/group2 <--- forum
        www.groups.com/group3 <--- forum
        www.groups.com/group4 <--- forum

        is there any way to have 5-10 different forums, ran be different people besides buying 5 - 10 license? (i know i asked this one already) just double checking...

        is there a better way of setting up a network of forums, other than the way i'm thinking????

        again... thank everyone for your help... our help is the reson we have picked to go with vBulletin...
        Perhaps a better option would be to have one installation of vBulletin, with several categories representing each group. You could also have more than one forum per category.

        Example for a possible forum structure which would use one vBulletin installation and would require one license:

        GROUP 1

        Forum 1 (Chit chat)
        Forum 2 (Help)
        Forum 3 (Advertise)

        GROUP 2

        Forum 1 (Chit chat)
        Forum 2 (Help)
        Forum 3 (Advertise)

        GROUP 3

        Forum 1 (Chit chat)
        Forum 2 (Help)
        Forum 3 (Advertise)

        You could have separate people moderating each forum belonging to a specific group, this can be achieved by using vBulletin's advanced permission system.

        I understand that this may be a little confusing. If you find that to be the case, I suggest looking at the index page for this forum, and look at the forum structure, and see how you could adapt it to fit your purpose.

        Unless each group consists of an entirely different entity or subject area, you should not need to use more than one installation of vBulletin, and would therefore only require one vBulletin license.

        - RichM
        Last edited by RichM; Tue 4th Nov '08, 1:03am.

        Comment


        • #19
          got it.... thanks guys.

          soooo... any options for an acrade and a mp3 player????

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by KATAIKENNELS View Post
            got it.... thanks guys.

            soooo... any options for an acrade and a mp3 player????
            Yes,you can download and install them from vB.org


            vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
              Yes,you can download and install them from vB.org
              However, these are third-party add-ons that Jelsoft does not support.

              Also note that Jelsoft does not support forums running modified code (forums with unofficial add-ons).
              Regards,
              Nick

              Comment


              • #22
                ok.... new question.... bandwidth....????

                how much will i need??? to run 3-5 very busy forums??? eachhaving 3000-5000 members...??


                (is this even a question???) this might not be the right way to ask what i'm asking... lol...

                but i hope someone knows what i mean....

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X