vBulletin Portal from vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Portal from vBulletin?

Hello, all well with such a high demand for a portal system that works with vBulletin you will have to go to a third party one to make this come true. Well I wanted to know if vBulletin will be adding a portal to their line of products coming up anytime in the future?

As of right now, I don't think they have any intention on adding a portal/CMS, since we've been asking for one for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeSmoke View Post
      As of right now, I don't think they have any intention on adding a portal/CMS, since we've been asking for one for some time now.
      You would think a company will want to get money so they give the customers what they want, right? Well it seems like it may be a good thing here. I heard that the developers of vBulletin have plans of making one. But it would be nice to hear something official and not just be push a side.

Comment

From recent announcements, the primary focus at the moment is vbulletin 4. They did mention a CMS years ago I wouldn't hold my breath till at least vb4 comes out with the new structure meanwhile something free like vbadvance does a decent job
        "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
        "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"

Comment

Originally posted by zakrhino View Post
          I heard that the developers of vBulletin have plans of making one. But it would be nice to hear something official and not just be push a side.
          We cannot comment on potentially new products or features at this time. At such time that an announcement can be made it will be made in the actual Announcements Forum.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            We cannot comment on potentially new products or features at this time. At such time that an announcement can be made it will be made in the actual Announcements Forum.
            If that true NolFito stated that something about a CMS was in the forums about a year ago. Can you comment on that?

Comment

There has been talk of providing a CMS product in the past. However development has never been undertaken on such an addon product in earnest. All that has been done is a few concepts that aren't compatible with the current codebase.

The only official announcements will be in the announcement forums.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply and hope that something may come out of this for vBulletin seeing that there is a high demand for something like that.
                Thanks Wayne Luke
                ^_^

Comment

Working...
                X