A few questions before I dive in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions before I dive in

I'm looking to convert over my phpBB3 forums on a few different sites, and I was wondering if there are any conversion tools for this? Obviously, I cannot lose any data, so accuracy would be incredibly crucial.

Also, I'm looking to merge a vBulletin forum with these phpBB3 forums, and use a single source for logins (single sign on aka SSO). Is there any sort of modification for this, or atleast a proven way of doing so?

If I do an SSO, and use vBulletin on 3 or 4 different domains, I would have to have a license for each, correct? If I have it installed 3 times on the same domain, would I have to have 3 licenses, or just 1?

Thank you,

Scott
    Last edited by hireawebgeek; Mon 20th Oct '08, 6:42pm.

Originally posted by hireawebgeek View Post
    If I do an SSO, and use vBulletin on 3 or 4 different domains, I would have to have a license for each, correct?
    Yes,correct.
    If I have it installed 3 times on the same domain, would I have to have 3 licenses, or just 1?
    You would need 3 licences.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

What about my question in regards to a SSO? Is there such a thing?

I'm rather discouraged by the lack of attention that a presale question has garnered. I would hope this has no reflection in regards to the support after purchase.

Comment

Integrating vBulletin with a non-vB member system would require a rather extensive modification of the code. Of course, we cannot provide official support for code modifications. What most people do is modify their current system to use the vB member system.

Either way the place for help with this would be over at the mod site: http://www.vbulletin.org

Once you register you can post in the Pre-Sales forum there.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was planning on modifying my systems to work with the vB system. But, I'm also converting over 2 or 3 phpBB3 forums, so I'll need to be able to combine those. That's my biggest dilemma right now.

Comment

Yes, we have an import script for phpBB3. You can read about it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpbb3

Please note that since phpBB3 passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

And yes, you can do multiple imports.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X